This tutorial describes the 7 basic steps to clone a GitLab repository on local machine and then the commands to push the changes back to the GitLab environment.
- Register on GitLab and Create a new project.
- CD into the folder on your computer where you want to clone the created empty project.
- Run the command: git clone https://username:firstname.lastname@example.org/username/project-name.git/ (change username, passwrod and project name).
- Make changes in the project folder
- If you want to deploy the changes then run the command: git add .
- Then write the commit message by running the command: git commit -am “make it better”
- Then to push the changes, run the command: git push origin master